Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Life in the Field: Holiday Festivities

A stop at the ice cream shop
Another great week for Elder Jones in Mexico. It was filled with great lessons with investigators, amazing meals and holiday treats at members homes, and more exploring of the city. After discovering a local mall with both a Carls Jr. & Dairy Queen, Dallin was pretty excited. After purchasing a real Mexico soccer jersey, he decided to reward himself with a Blizzard. YUM! Dallin and his companion had some great lessons this week, and Dallin said his Spanish is getting stronger and better each day. They were a bit spoiled by some members for breakfast this week, and a Christmas package arrived full of goodies (including some chunky peanut butter & Nerf guns!) for Christmas day. Here is an excerpt from Dallin's letter:

We have been visiting some less active families in the Ward s and a few attend church again along with some of our investigators which was great.  It is fun to see the efforts of your work rewarded. One of the less active members bore an impressive testimony with conviction.  He spoke well, was animated, and it was just great.

I taught some really good lessons this week and my Spanish when I teach is really good but then after I try to talk and it’s like,  "Okay, what happened and why can’t I even remember the exact words in Spanish?" It is kind of frustrating, but when I am focused, I speak well.  I still needed to practice more but I think I am progressing.  

I invited 2 people to be baptized this week and we have a nice lady who just returned from her mission two weeks ago helping us with one family.  We hope to set a baptismal date in two weeks. 
Holiday decorations in a members home.
A Christmas treat from some members-- frozen bananas!
This is for Rachel-- gotta love that Fanta!
At a conference with some other missionaries in the area.
"What does the fox say?!" Little missionary fox came with some Christmas goodies from home!
Dallin's companion with a little package from the Jones family.
It's a happy day when you find some Carls Jr! 
The back of Elder Jones' name tag.
Blizzards...Need we say more?!

No comments:

Post a Comment