Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Life in the MTC: Week Two

All work & no play? Looks like these guys know how to have a little bit of fun!
Dallin has had a busy week in the MTC. Classes have been keeping him very busy, but he said that he is getting a good grip on Spanish! We are excited to hear that he is doing so well and so excited for General Conference this coming weekend. We didn't get any new photos this week, but Dallin mentioned that at night sometimes he and his roommates play games that have them laughing so hard they are crying. I think we can see from this photo that he's with some pretty funny missionaries! Here is an excerpt from his letter this week: 


It finally kind of hit me that I would be away for two years and made me kind of sad, but the MTC is still super fun and cool place to be.  We have such a busy schedule at the training center.  The days are busy and full from 8:00 AM - 9:30 PM every day!  I’m excited for conference this coming weekend!  All the missionaries from the west campus get to venture to the BYU main campus all day for conference.  That will be an exciting couple of days. 

I love when you all send me letter via Dear Elders! They really make my day and make me happy so thanks for doing that and please send me more, I love them.

I like everyone here including my instructors who are awesome.  They are all super fun and we get a lot done! I am learning the language pretty well and growing spiritually! 

For my missionary plaque I would like the scripture Mosiah 8:18, "Thus God has provided a means that man, through faith, might work mighty miracles; therefore he becometh a great benefit to his fellow beings."
Elder Dallin McKay Jones Missionary Scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment