Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Life in the Field: A Bump on the Head

This is not the kind of photos missionary moms like to see! Thankfully, he only bumped his head and is doing fine! 
Elder Jones had an exciting week in Mexico! From investigators progressing, to having a little run in with a short doorway, it was nothing short of boring! Here is an excerpt from Dallin's letter this week:

This week has gone well, even though I hit my head and was bleeding. :) After a lesson with a less active family, I was walking out of the house and didn't realize the door arch was so low. I was grateful the lesson went well, because they helped me clean up my head afterwards! Maybe hitting my head was a success because they ended up coming to church that week! 

We are having some good success here which is exciting! Apolinar is progressing really well. It helps that his sister is the wife of the bishop so we have a ton of lessons with them present. I'm sure he will get baptized this month. Vicky can get baptized any day, but her family doesn't like the idea of her getting baptized. Keep her in your prayers! We had a really good lesson about faith with her. I think shell get baptized within two to three weeks. Sherly is growing a lot right now and we have a baptism date for her in June. Her husband is less active, but he is helping us teach her. We are planning to baptize and re-activate :)

So the photos of the street art was in front of the huge Catholic cathedral in Salvatierra. It's super pretty right there. A nice huge plaza garden and they always have some type of an activity going on. 

We had stake conference which was good, but we didn't have to go all the way to Morelia. We got to watch it in our ward building through internet transmission, which was cool! 
Street art in Salvateirra.
Little Luna! This helped the head injury! Kitty therapy. 
"I bought this kinfe for 200 pesos. I think it's a pretty good purchase." 
Dallin's companion LOVES the little missionary fox we sent Dallin for Christmas. This is Dallin sneaking a photo of him taking a selfie with it! 
Delicious! 



No comments:

Post a Comment