Monday, August 22, 2016

Life in the Field: Last Letter Home!

Wow.... I can't believe it! I made it.... I'm happy, sad, tired, excited, confused, a bunch of mixed feelings... its been so fast! I can't wait to see you all soon!

I'll be going to Guadalajara Friday morning, and flying home Monday. It's been a fast two years... Mexico has been a great place to live. I've seen many things, and I have learned a lot, and I still have much to learn. 

This last week was interesting. Elder Timpson went to Guadalajara early to help the APs because one of them was ending his mission early, so one missionary is without companion, so he is hitching along with us. It's been a lot of fun three missionaries together.... but we have been working still. It's been difficult at times because we all want to work in our areas, so we have to find people to go with one of us while the other two work together. 

One day I was with Jorge, and my comp went with Elder Ee los Reyes. It was pretty fun being with a member and working. We jumped on the bus and it was packed, I was almost out the door, I decided to take some sweet pics to freak out Mom! It was a fun day. 

We went to go work in Villa Madero, and while walking on a back trail, Elder Ee los Reyes ate it pretty bad, and he got super dirty.... it was pretty dang funny. You can tell by the picture that he got pretty dirty, but the most important thing was that the tie is still clean and good. you can clean pants and shirts, but ties are a different story. While on the back trails, we took some funny pictures, and we were enjoying the weather.

We had a missionary activity but in the area of the Sisters in Stadio. It was super fun! Elder Rojas was my companion and same with one of the youth named Cesar. He was pretty cool. We worked hard and knocked a lot of doors. We asked him to choose a house and the door he knocked led us to an awesome family. The door opened, they just said come in with out even questioning us, we taught the lesson, answered their questions, and they were super prepared to receive us.... GOLDEN FAMILY. From the moment we walked in, the Spirit was strong. God does prepare people to be taught, as it reads in Alma 16:16. It's super important that the members help the missionaries! It's a group effort, not just a missionary effort! :)

Today we went to the centro, and I bought a new jersey to complete my collection. Two from Morelia, two from Guadalajara, and one from the National team! Woo! I tried to buy a poncho, but dang it was like 500 or 600 pesos.... hahaha way over priced! I could buy a blanket and cut a hole in it for like 100 pesos! We also ate tacos for lunch and walked around a little.

We are hoping to baptize Thursday night.which is my last night in Morelia.

No comments:

Post a Comment