Saturday, February 28, 2015

Life in the Field: Meet the Mormons

Elder Jones & Elder Canto 
Elder Jones had another great (and fast!) week in Guadalajara! He was able to attend a meeting with all the other missionaries in the area and view the movie, "Meet the Mormons" in Spanish. Dallin really enjoyed it! [Visit this website for local viewings in your area!] Dallin & his companion have some investigators who are moving along very well in the lessons and learning about the gospel. We love hearing that the work is going well in Mexico! Here is an excerpt from Dallin's letter this week:

Thursday was super great.... WE HAD AN 7 HOUR MEETING!!!!!!!! It was about working with members and things like that. It started at 8:00 and ended at 3:45! It was really good with a bunch of great information, but gosh.... i was so tired after that. I'm more tired after meetings than walking around! 

We have some investigators who are progressing really well! That's exciting! But I have the feeling that I'm going to change next transfer, so I wont get to see my Golden investigator get baptized..... Oh well. Hahaha! 

Today, I thought we were going to get destroyed by President. He asked for all the zones in Guadalajara to come to the Chaple in Cruz del Sur with your white handbook (missionary handbook), notes, and scriptures... scary! But nope! Instead, we watched "Meet the Mormons!!!!!!!!!!!! It was in Spanish, but it was super good! It made my day :) 

I have a picture with Elder Canto, who goes home next week.Elder Pavon goes home next week too, and he wrote me a little handbook of how to planchar (defend) the Mormon church. Hahaha! It's super good. I really don't like grilling others, but if i ever need to, I'm ready :)
Even missionaries need hot cocoa on cold and rainy mornings! 
Elder Jones sent us this photo of a poor dead doggie in the street. Don't worry, I spared you all on the close up. Gross!
A new watch is every missionaries best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment