Monday, April 13, 2015

Life in the Field: Transfer to Salvatierra, Guanajuato, Mexico!

This week, Dallin was transferred to a new area in the Guadalajara East Mission. He is now in Guanajato, which is about a three hour bus ride from Libertad, or a main portion of the city. His new companion is Elder Sanchez from Ecuador, and will be going home in about a month! Here is an excerpt from Dallin's letter this week:

Salvatierra is really pretty. While driving to get here, it's very green and pretty with a lot of lakes close by. It takes us 3 hours to get to our stake center which kinda sucks, but oh well. I'm in the center of Salvatierra, and the weather is perfect. It's just like home :) 

Sergio got confirmed and received the Aronic Priesthood which was sweet! He has all my info, so when he goes to the temple, I can go too! Sergio is really happy and is excited! I gave him a tie, which was nice! We also gave him a picture of his baptism and we wrote him a note. Overall, really awesome. I said bye to him too which was sad but he has a lot of support from the whole church and his family. EVERYONE came to his baptism so I'm not tooooo worried about him

I said bye to the Robles family and the kids. That was sad :( I'll miss them a ton! They were the nicest family ever. I still remember when Guermo told me that his family would be my family for Christmas. Love them to death. 

Adrian, our investigator, has quit smoking, drinking, and doing other drugs within 2 weeks!!! He is a friend of Guermo and I'm super stoked for him! I hope whoever takes over our area continues with him! He is so Golden!

So while driving here in the bus I saw a car with a licence plate from Indiana and from Arkansas.... so dang random! I thought it was weird. 

Keep writing and sending letters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment