Monday, November 16, 2015

Life in the Field: First District Meeting

Thank You Carlsbad 4th Ward Primary for the awesome package and journal! 
 This week was good. I'm tired but happy! A lot of working and walking and helping my district. Let's see how it goes!

Elder Herbert is my companion. He is pretty cool. He has 13 months in the mission. He is from Tamaulipas, Mexico. We get along well and our lessons are sooo much better. Every lesson I've felt the spirit so much stronger. So, I'm happy!

We have a new family to teach. I forgot their names, but they are hippies and don't use shoes. Their son has sweet long hair! Hahaha! So awesome. We also have some new investigators that are police officers and they are golden. I think we will baptize them soon! Next week we should have a baptism! Pray for Monica Barrios. She is so ready, just needs a little more help!

Today we played soccer with some kids in the ward which was fun. Everyone loved my Chivas jersey! The other elders in our ward are a little fried. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I need to love them!

Besides that, nothing new really. Just learning the area is a little crazy. The bishop is really cool. He is helping us. Besides that, we are just enjoying life. It's kinda rough at times learning everything from scratch together but its fun. The area is nice and BIG. 

I gave my first district meeting which was cool. I had a Zone Leader and the AP in my meeting! Hahaha! That was fun. Baptism by fire! They all loved it, so that was good. :) 

Besides all of that, the house doesn't smell girly anymore But, it's kinda girly inside, but whatever. Hahaha! 

Love You!
Elder Herbert
"Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven." D&C 121:45
Meal Calendar. These Elders will be well fed!

No comments:

Post a Comment