Monday, January 4, 2016

Life in the Field: Happy 2016!

Happy New Year! :) 
People here are pyros on New Years! Gun shots and Fireworks! Hahaha. We left in the morning the next day, and it looked like fog but no.... it was straight smoke from fire works! Hahahaha. It smelled like straight gun powder!!!!!!!

This week was nuts!!!!!!!!!! 

Umm, we ate a ton of pizza this week.... A TON!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus on the 31st and the 1st we had to be in our house at 7:00 PM.... it was nuts and fun! Hahaha. On the 1st, the zone leaders stayed in our house because they were working in our area with us!

We had zone meeting as well! It was great, and I shared a message about our purpose as missionaries. It was fun! I used the talk by David Bednar about being a Preach My Gospel missionary! It went well! ;) I got some letters from Rachie Dachie!!!!! that was nice :) No packages, but that's fine! I'm still waiting for the one Becca sent!

I went to the area of the zone leaders Sunday for a few things... we started to mess around on the whiteboard, and ended up with all the jokes of what everyone says a lot! Hahaha! It was fun!

It has just been weird because the zone leaders have been sleeping here for the past 3 days do to a few things with some other missionaries. We've been eating crap a lot and talking and having fun. We are working hard with the other missionaries and trying to help them but we will see what will happens... We have interviews this week.

The baptism we had planned fell through because the mom of Raul is in the hospital... so pray for Raul and Maria, so they can get baptized next week and that their mom gets better!

We had some really good lessons this week. I studied about Pride a lot and it's helped me a lot! It's something that we all have and that we need to get rid of!!!!!!!!! I also got some cool experiences when studying! I studied the New Testament, and everything I studied I was able to use in my lessons for certain experiences I've never had! It was sooo cool how God prepares us to teach by the spirit!

I'm looking forward to some good work this week! I miss you all a lot!

1 comment: