Monday, April 4, 2016

Life in the Field: P-Day Fun!

This week was pretty good! We had a big bang on Wednesday, which is when everyone in the zone works in one area! IT WAS NUTS!

We all worked in Tapatio, and had some fun teaching over there for three hours! We heard a lady cuss out her little son which was kinda funny. Poor kid! We taught a girl who has a sister that is a member, she looks petty golden. I'll be surprised if she doesn't get baptized. After that, we ate some awesome sandwiches and took a fun group photo with my amazing selfie stick! :)

We had a family home evening which was super fun! We did an activity that dealt with push-ups and the Atonement. So, you ask how many push-ups someone can do, and then everyone does push-ups. However many they want. Some do more than they think, others only do their goal, some do less. Afterwards you say how many more you think they could have done, and then you tally it up. Then, you choose someone from the group to do all the left over push ups to save them. To be honest, it's a really good lesson, and kinda hard to watch at times. The person doing the extra push-ups is tired from doing all of theirs, and has to do more. It's nothing comparable to what Christ suffered, but I don't think we have ever watched someone suffer for us in person, and this activity puts it more in perspective. I'm so thankful for the Atonement.

On Saturday, I ate some grasshoppers or crickets! It was pretty weird, and was super salty! Haha! Eating weird food doesn't really bother me any more! It's just normal.

So we watched General Conference, but in Spanish. Its funny how easy it is to watch in Spanish now. It's better in English, but it was fun listening to my last conference in Spanish! I didn't get to watch all due to internet problems but, I downloaded them all right now, so I'll listen to it!  WOOOO! Next conference I'll be home! :)

Today we had a multi zone activity! We played basketball volley ball and football! I just played basketball and a little volley ball. My team was the dream team! We won everything! Haha! It was great seeing a bunch of good friends like Elder Sasser and Elder Zuniga. A lot of great fun! 

This week we are hoping to baptize! :) Pray for Magali! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment